Bordwell & Associates is a legal search firm that has business relationships with law firms and corporations to recruit qualified candidates for law-related employment opportunities. We also provide professional career guidance to candidates and members of the legal community.
If you need this notice in an alternative format, email us at Bordwell@wedolegal.com or call us at 949-724-1466.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Sources Used
You are our most important source of personal information. Personal information is collected when you express an interest in using our recruiting services, apply to one of our job postings, request career guidance, or when we contact you during a recruitment search. Personal information is also collected when we research industry related, or professional networking websites. We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifying Information. Name, home address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Employment, Education and Professional Information. Employment and education history, skills and abilities, certifications, professional licenses, language proficiencies, professional association memberships, and other information you choose to provide us.
- Career Planning Information. Career and position interests, desired compensation, location preferences and other requirements you might request.
- Interview Information. Information that you provide during the interview process and follow up conversations and correspondence.
- Reference Information. Current and prior employment and professional references that you authorize us to contact and background verification of information you provide.
- Research Information. Information about you from business associations, industry publications, news sources, and professional networking websites, like LinkedIn.
- Other Information. Additional information necessary for us to comply with subpoenas or applicable laws and regulations.
Sensitive Personal Information
We DO NOT collect sensitive personal information about you (social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership). Please do not include sensitive personal information in the cover letter or resume that you submit to us.
Cookies and Online Tracking
Business Purpose for Using Your Personal Information
We process information about you to provide a professional recruiting service to you and our law firm and corporate clients. Personal information allows us to:
- Evaluate. Review your interests, knowledge, skills, and qualifications and complete background and reference checks.
- Communicate. Communicate with you regarding job opportunities and the recruitment process, respond to your inquiries, and invite you to participate in career events.
- Network. Develop and maintain an active network of current and prospective candidates, and industry contacts.
- Certify. Comply with relevant laws and regulations and legally mandated reporting.
You are responsible for providing information that is current and truthful, and for notifying us when there are significant changes to your documentation or career plans. Misrepresentation of your information may cause our association to terminate.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
We may contact you regarding a current job search or ask your opinion when analyzing trends in the legal industry. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications by emailing or calling us. We will honor your request and you will no longer be contacted.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with clients who have engaged our recruiting services, service providers who are necessary for business, and when required, with legal authorities.
- Clients and Employers. We may disclose your personal information to clients and prospective employers during the recruitment process. Clients sign agreements that limit the use of candidate information to specific purposes and prohibit the disclosure that you are seeking employment.
- Service Providers. A third-party vendor may assist us with background validations. We will request your written permission before initiating a background check. The vendor may not use or retain your personal information for any other purpose.
- Courts, Regulators, Law Enforcement and Government Authorities. We may disclose personal information to third parties in response to a legitimate request for assistance by the courts, regulators, law enforcement and other law enforcement agencies.
Personal Information Sold or Shared with Third Parties
We DO NOT sell or share personal information with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising, which is the targeted advertising to a consumer based on the consumer’s personal information and have not done so in the 12 months prior to the effective date of this policy.
We DO NOT knowingly collect, sell, or share information about persons under the age of 16 years of age.
Protection and Retention of Your Personal Information
We maintain administrative and technical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, please note that no security system or method of transmitting information over the internet is 100% secure.
We will retain your personal information if we have an active relationship with you. Once you are inactive, we will keep your information for an additional four years to comply with recordkeeping requirements and then delete or retain it in a form that no longer identifies you. We do not offer financial incentives or service differences in exchange for the retention of your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you have the right to submit a verifiable request to know, delete or correct personal information, twice within a 12-month period. We will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising your rights.
- Right to Know. You have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you, including categories and/or specific pieces of personal information, categories of sources for that personal information, the business purpose for using your personal information, categories of third parties with whom we disclosed the information, and categories of information that the business sold or shared with third parties.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we have on you.
- Right to “opt out” of Sale or Sharing.
We Do NOT sell or share your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising, and therefore this option is not required.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information.
We DO NOT use or disclose sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about consumers and therefore this option is not required.
How to Submit Your Request
Submit your request to Know, Delete or Correct by email to Bordwell@wedolegal.com or by phone at 949-724-1466. Please provide us with a brief and clear understanding of your request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days, verify your identity, and respond back within 45 days. There is no fee to process your request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
Verification of Identity
Your identity must be verified prior to responding to a request. In addition to contact information, we will ask you two questions that relate to personal information we have on file.
Verification of an Authorized Agent
You may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to Know, Delete, or Correct on your behalf. You must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission or power of attorney to make such requests. We will contact you to verify your identity and confirm that you have given permission for the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If we cannot verify your identity or your authorized agent’s authority to a sufficient level of certainty, we will explain why we cannot complete your request.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites, which will have their own privacy policies and are not covered by this notice. We recommend that you review their privacy statements to ensure that your privacy is protected.
If you have questions, send an email to Bordwell@wedolegal.com or call us at 949-724-1466.
Bordwell & Associates
4590 MacArthur Blvd, Suite 500
Newport Beach, CA 92660